Friday 25 March 2011

The Fastest Wheels in Bangkok

This weekend marks the sixth show that I will have attended in five weeks that started way back with BAMMA 5 at MEN Arena.

I covered BAMMA 5 for MMAHQ before attending OMMAC as press, Fight UK as a judge, Night of the Gladiators as commentary, Lockdown FC as a judge/commentator and tomorrow I'm off to sunny London for UCMMA: Lights Out.

Do you hear what this is? This is the sound of contentment pouring out of my fingers as I type and encouraging you to make this happen.

Do you honestly think I'm anything special? I'm nothing more than a fool with a love of tea and a passion about mixed martial arts and videogames. All I want to do is carry on with all the projects I've been lucky enough to be involved in.

You'll have to bear with me if this post sounds like a drunken text message at 3 am but I don't drink anymore so I have to find some way of venting all of this emotion.

Every single one of you people who've read this are as important in this as I am because without you good people being there to support me and encourage me I'd still be wishing that there was some way of making this all possible.

My message today? Just work hard at whatever it is that you believe in and you'll believe more and more that you can do it every single day. It's not important how long it takes you to get where you're going it's more important to appreciate the journey every single day.

The next few weeks are going to be a bit of a shitstorm so I apologise in advance for not talking so much. There's a very good chance I love you all and please don't ever be a stranger.

Take Care
Ben Cartlidge

2 comments:

Fletch said...

Nice post Ben. I feel the same.

Shame I didn't get to speak to you this time around (Sat) but I was naive enough to leave the ringside area before the event and was unable to blag back in :) next time brother.

Chris Creed said...

Glad to see more stuff on here once again Ben, as well as on the HQ. The last year has seen you progress loads but I'm glad to see that you still take the time for people.

I'm waiting for the next predictions competition on here ;)