Monday 23 August 2010

UFC 1 - A Landmark Remembered

Look at this list of names and tell me what it means. How many of those fighters do you remember? How many of those gladiators do you recall talking about? If you remember UFC 1 then you'll have seen all of these guys before. The original eight warriors who stepped into the Octagon with no idea and no preconceptions.

My whole mma equals videogames thing may get overused in my work, but I honestly can't think of a better way to describe  this event. This was Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior. It was the intro from Battle Arena Toshinden, it was Budokan on the Mega Drive.

The article I wrote tonight has been inside my head for a good few years, longer than I've been writing for. I loved every second of writing this piece tonight as it reminded me of a simpler time; the essence of everything I seem to enjoy. If you get 1% in reading it, of what I got through writing it, I'm more than happy with what I've accomplished.

UFC 1 - A Landmark Remembered

Thanks a million
Ben

No comments: